- 2-3 tomatoes
- a few cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- feta cheese
- boiled egg (optional)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, capers and oregano
Slice the tomatoes, the onion and the pepper. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Put them all in a bowl. Add the olives, the egg in quarters, a big slice of feta cheese or cut it in little cubes. Add olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano.When it is a side dish for fish don`t add feta cheese, egg or oregano but some parsley and vinegar. This is it! Eat it up!
Salad with rusks
- 250 g medium size rusks made with olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 medium size onions
- 1 big cucumber
- 7-8 olives
- 2 long green peppers
- 150 g feta (made of sheep`s and goat`s milk - tangy)
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle the rusks with cold water until softened unless they can be eaten dry and cut them in big chunks before placing them in a large bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes and peppers. Remove their seeds and cut them in little squares.
- Peel the onion, wash it and chop it.
- Pit the olives and slice them.
- Wash, peel and cut the cucumber.
- Put the vegetables in the bowl with the rusks.
- Cut the feta cheese in cubes and added it in the bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salad and season with salt and oregano. Mix the salad.